Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bread, lots of bread

I've been baking. Oh my have I been baking! I bake a loaf of 'sandwich' bread every week, plus I've been experimenting with random specialty loaves once a week as well. Just the past 3 days alone I have made sandwich bread, naan and a most excellent wheaty cheddar bread. I've made more bread this month with no bread machine than I made in half of 2006 with a bread machine. The Kitchen Aid mixer has been getting quite a work out between my bread explorations and DH's weekly cookie bake. We've decided it is time for an upgrade. We have the Heavy Duty version, which actually has the lowest RPMs of any of the mixers and the smallest bowl. It was a gift about 7 years ago. We're going for the 6qt professional model. Just as soon as I come across a factory refurb of an appropriate color. They are $150 less on average, but mostly of that stainless steel or gunmetal gray sort of finish which would look damn odd in my medium wood, slate and cheap white applianced kitchen. Our current one is black, which is ok, I don't want a white one. I'm hoping to find a green one but black will do.

No comments: