Monday, October 29, 2007

Dinner the week of Oct 28

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

Chicken pesto spaghetti

Meatloaf

Warm chicken & potato salad

Pizza

Coq au vin

Steak & spinach salad

 

We had the soup last night. It did not go over well.  It was one of Safeway Select soups. We've been working our way through them. This one was too peppery and I don't just mean from a taste standpoint. I'm assuming from past experience that the boys' physical reaction to the soup was due to the chili peppers, possibly the jalepenos as well.  One spoonful & Ds1's lips were swollen to twice their size, and a minute or two later his eyes were red rimmed and he had a rash below them extending back along his cheeks. The same reaction he used to have to cinnamon and still has to strawberries. He kept crying about his mouth being all itchy until I got some milk & Benedryl in him. DS2's lips swelled up and he said his mouth hurt but that was as far as it went.  It's not as if they have never tasted spicy food before. DS2 loves pomegranate & chilpoltle sauce on his meatloaf and sesame ginger sauce on his rice. He also will eat wasabi smeared all over egg sushi. Stuff too spicy for me. So no more Asian Chicken Noodle soup for us.  I have Cheddar Broccoli and Beer & Cheddar soups in the fridge, though I think I will make curried carrot soup for this Sunday

No comments: