Monday, September 24, 2007

Menu the week of Sept 24

Pasta
Soup
Pizza
Meatloaf
Roast chicken from Food Lion
Broiled salmon

There's a menu for you. So inventive & clever. Lots of great meals going on at our house. I'm currently in full on surrender mode. The boys will only eat about 5 things and I'm tired of stressing about it, so they get them. Pasta is usually a Buitoni ravioli or torellini, chosen by the boys, in a spinach pesto. Sometimes I add chicken to it. Occasionally I get clever & make a gorganzola alfredo sauce & add steak. The boys will eat the pasta, but are not too keen on the add ons. Pizza is usually a chicken-spinach variation. Sometimes pesto, sometimes pesto alfredo, occasionally BBQ sauce with bacon & mushrooms added. Sometimes I add zucchini or broccoli. Sometimes I get pick up from Papa John's. The seem to eat meatloaf 95% of the time, so it is fairly safe & I stick spinach or eggplant in it, so if they refuse the veg & salad they at least get some vitamins.

The soup is for me. I get one meal a week that is what *I* want to eat and the heck with difficult demons. They can eat the salad & bread or sandwich that goes with it. The salmon was Dh's request. I'm doing it with garlic lentils. Maybe the demons will eat it, maybe not

Food Lion is running a special on roast chicken, buy 6 & get the 7th free. But unlike Safeway, which keeps track of your purchases for you (You've bought 3 of your 6 sandwiches to get a free one), Food Lion gives you a printed ticket & expects you to keep track of it. Naturally that means they end up giving away far fewer chickens than Safeway would. But that is just so cheesy. I have an MVP card. Its not like they don't have a record of the chickens I have bought. Making me keep the damn coupons is so cheap of them.

No comments: