Monday, November 05, 2007

Dinner this week - Nov 5th

There is of course the ubiquitous pizza, pasta, soup, roast chicken combination. But then what? Meatloaf probably; I have a pound of ground beef I need to use and the demons will eat meatloaf.
Veggie pizza, with zucchini, yellow squash & artichoke tonight I think. Then tomorrow we can try the Cheddar Ale soup from Safeway and I'll make some pepperoni bread to go with it. Meatloaf on Wednesday with zucchini patties breaded & fried. I'm sort of tired of roast chicken. Even with the various sides & salads I serve. I think I'll make mock tandoori chicken instead and rice with carrots. That can be Thursday and I can bake a plain breast to add to some ziti forFriday. Saturday DH's boss is having a company fish fry at his home. The boys will eat hush puppies but not the fish so I'll serve them some fish sticks before we leave. (Why is Mrs. Pauls fish acceptable but not homemade? Why?) I wonder if I could ask him to cut some fillets into strips?

Sunday we have a sitter!!! I'd love to go for German but we can't afford the meal, let alone the extra babysitting time right now. I think we'll try the new Japanese place. The only other place we haven't tried is Glory Days and I'm not really in the mood for that.

No comments: